Eagle Bridge, Lion's Bridge and Sofia Synagogue

Eagle Bridge
If you decide to stroll through the streets of Sofia do not forget to start your walk from the symbolic for the Bulgarian capital the Eagle Bridge, the Lion Bridge and the Sofia Synagogue.

    Eagle Bridge

    Eagle Bridge is important and busy intersection and a bridge in downtown Sofia. The bridge was built over the river Perlovska. Its name comes from the bronze statue of eagle on the bridge, which are symbolic of his patrons and protectors. Located next to National Stadium Vasil Levski, the Soviet Army Monument and Central Park. After entry into Sofia Tzarigradsko easterly direction along the road, the bridge is the first intersection, thereby entering into the very center of town.
    The bridge was built in 1891, two years after construction of the Lion's Bridge. At that time, Sofia's chief architect Adolf Vaclav Kolar. He, along with Vaclav Proshek, design and construct two bridges. Eagle Bridge was built as a symbol of freedom, because here were first greeted prisoners at Diyarbakir, speaking out against slavery. Since then there have welcomed all guests of Sofia. Bronze eagles are silent witnesses of the symbolic key of the service of Sofia for many heads of state and celebrities received the title of honorary citizen of Sofia - from Kaiser Wilhelm II by Yuri Gagarin. Here on June 7, 1990 held a campaign rally and the Union of Democratic Forces - the largest in recent history of Bulgaria, collected half a million people.
    The metal parts are designed, cast and delivered by the Viennese firm "Rudolf Philip Vaagner & Biros' (1891). Exquisite products of this company and others adorn Sofia architectural monuments - the monument of Vasil Levski and the fence of Central Park, (Case of A. . Collard), Lion's Bridge (also designed by Vaclav Proshek) of the Prince Palace (now the National Art Gallery).
    At Eagle Bridge crosses "Tzarigradsko shosse" with "Evlogi Georgiev". The sequel to "Tzarigradsko shosse" after the Eagles' Bridge in the direction of Sofia University called "Tsar Liberator".
    Bull. "Evlogi Georgiev" to the south reaches the NPC and its sequel came to be called "Bulgaria" blvd.


    Lion's Bridge

    Lion's Bridge is important and busy intersection and a bridge in central parts of Sofia. Before its construction in 1889 this place was located Motley bridge. The bridge passes over Vladaya River and is located at the intersection of "Maria Luiza" and "Slivnitsa", linking Central Station and Central Bus Station to the city center. The bridge is one of the landmarks of the capital and symbol of the metropolitan area Serdika. Near the bridge crossing is located and the title Lion Square bridge.
    It was built in 1889-1891 by the company "Brothers Proshek" designed by Vaclav Proshek and costs at that time 260,000 gold rubles. It is a long 26 m wide and 18,1 m. The bridge is decorated with four bronze figures lions, hence the name. They are made of Viennese company "Vaagner Biros'.
    Expected after 2012 Square "Lion Bridge" to be served by metro, having built and put into service station 7 of the second metro diameter. And expected large-scale reconstruction of the intersection of Lion's Bridge, after which "Slivnitsa" and "Maria Luiza" will differ on two levels directly above the proposed metro station.

    Sofia Synagogue

    Sofia Synagogue a synagogue in Sofia, built in 1909 designed by the famous Austrian architectFriedrich Grunanger that takes a model synagogue in Vienna, later destroyed by the Nazis. It is located on the street "Exarch Joseph" № 16, next to the Halls, Women andMarket Street "Pirot", one of the most colorful and bustling places of the capital. The same place has stood the old synagogue of Sofia - "Ahab and hased."
    Sofia Synagogue was officially opened on September 9, 1909 It is the largest on the Balkan Peninsula and the third largest in Europe after Budapest and Amsterdam.Can accommodate over 1,000 people in the central compartment intended for men and internal balconies where women pray. A work of art is dvutonniyat chandelier (the largest in Bulgaria), which adorns the temple. There is a mikveh - ritual bath for smallwashings.



    Публикуване на коментар

    0 Коментари